Spiga
Google
 

Woman swallows screwdriver after dentist's fumble

A man told on Monday how his wife ended up swallowing part of a screwdriver during a visit to a Hungarian dentist.

Mary Reilly, 69, was being treated with implants to improve her dentures in Budapest when the dentist accidentally dropped one of his screwdriver bits down her throat.

Mrs Reilly, of Bracebridge Heath, Lincoln, was rushed to hospital in a taxi after the bit lodged in her lungs during the visit at the end of 2006.

She then spent £2,200 getting her teeth fixed in the UK at a local dentists.
Today, her husband John Reilly, 67, said: 'The bit slipped out of the dentist's hands and went straight down her throat. She had to go to hospital to have it removed.

'It all happened that quickly, we didn't have time to think. I think people should know what they are letting themselves in for.'

Mrs Reilly told the Lincolnshire Echo: 'I was a bit naive when I went to Hungary and I did not do enough research.

'If I did it again I would go to three or four clinics in the UK to get quotes. You need to know what treatment you are having done before you go.

0 comments: