Spiga
Google
 

Furniture-maker slices open tree to find 'Jesus' in the rings

A furniture maker was delighted when he sliced open a tree to find what he claims is an image of Jesus ascending to heaven.

Forty-five-year-old Craig O'Connor from Bensalem, Pennsylvania discovered the image in a stain of sap inside the trunk.

The Catholic, who visits church twice week, said: "It's the first time I've seen anything like it.

Furniture-maker

"I was covered in goose bumps. Everyone has been amazed, my parents, friends, brother, everyone. They all had the same reaction as me.

"People have said that it is art made by God and I have to agree with them."

The image was created by the sap from a pine tree that Craig had cut down for a friend.

Growth rings around the figure's head create a halo-like effect.
Furniture-maker slices open tree to find 'Jesus' in the rings

The figure, which also resembles Gandalf from Lord of the Rings, has pride of place in Craig's house.

He says: "I am thinking I will build a table or some other piece of furniture and have the image as the centre piece."

This isn't the first time an image of a holy figure has been spotted by religious hopefuls.

In 2004 a grilled cheese sandwich sold for $28,000 on ebay for having a holy image.

Mr O'Connor says he was curious about what his trunk would sell for.

"I put it on eBay a joke to see if I got any offers," he said. "I got two offers, one for $500."

But he insists he is not planning on selling the tree in the near future.

0 comments: